Ear Training - Stage 5
Once you have finished this lesson you will know all of your ascending melodic intervals up to and including the octave. You are epic!
OK, now we have the last few to have looked at all the chromatic intervals in an octave! That's a bit of a milestone! These last few can be a bit tricky, but like the others before it's all just about practice and playing them enough to get the sound / colour / taste / personality in your ears!
The test answers are located at the bottom on the page - just keep scrolling down!
Intervals Covered In This Lesson:
Minor 6th - Without Me (riff), Black Orpheus
Minor 7th - ?? Star Trek ??
Augmented 4th - The Simpsons, Maria (West Side Story), John The Fisherman (Primus)
See a list of all the song references for all intervals at ET-002 • Song References For Interval Training
Playing the Intervals On The Guitar
You can download a chart with them all on at ET-004 • Intervals On The Guitar
As I mention in the video's there are a few ways to test yourself.
1. Use the Justinguitar Interval Ear Trainer!
2. Write a list of intervals and record yourself playing them. Wait a week or a few days (so you forget the order) and then play the recording to yourself and see how you go!
3. Use a Jam Buddy. Play and interval and ask your mate to name it. Tell him if he is right or not. Then he plays one and you have to name it. Easy and fun! And you can compete a bit which often pushes you to be better!
the answers are just down a bit further- you're not cheating now are you????
Ear Training Answers - Test 5A
1. b6 6. #4 2. b6 7. b7 3. b7 8. b6 4. #4 9. b7 5. b7 10. #4
Ear Training Answers - Test 5B
1. b2 6. 4 2. 6 7. b7 3. 5 8. b6 4. b3 9. #4 5. 3 10. 8