Ear Training - Stage 4
Now we're going to get all minor and hear some flat 2's and flat 3's...
The next couple of intervals we're looking at both have a lot of personality and you should be able to spot them pretty easy. Gets a little harder when we mix them in with all the others though because there are a lot more to choose from!
The test answers are located at the bottom on the page - just keep scrolling down!
Intervals Covered In This Lesson:
Minor 2nd - Jaws
Minor 3rd - Greensleeves or Smoke On The Water or Axel F.
See a list of all the song references for all intervals at ET-002 • Song References For Interval Training
Playing the Intervals On The Guitar
You can download a chart with them all on at ET-004 • Intervals On The Guitar
As I mention in the video's there are a few ways to test yourself.
1. Use the Justinguitar Interval Ear Trainer!
2. Write a list of intervals and record yourself playing them. Wait a week or a few days (so you forget the order) and then play the recording to yourself and see how you go!
3. Use a Jam Buddy. Play and interval and ask your mate to name it. Tell him if he is right or not. Then he plays one and you have to name it. Easy and fun! And you can compete a bit which often pushes you to be better!
the answers are just down a bit further- you're not cheating now are you????
Ear Training Answers - Test 4A
1. b2 6. b3 2. b3 7. b3 3. b3 8. b2 4. b2 9. b3 5. b2 10. b2
Ear Training Answers - Test 4B
1. b3 6. 8 2. 3 7. 2 3. 4 8. b3 4. 6 9. 5 5. b2 10. b2