Ear Training - Stage 3
After this lesson you'll be able to hear the diatonic intervals, those that make up the major scale, which are the most important!
These intervals are a little more challenging because they are a little further apart, but don't worry, they are not harder - just take a little more practice time to get into your ears!
The test answers are located at the bottom on the page - just keep scrolling down!
Intervals Covered In This Lesson:
Major 6th - My Way
Major 7th - ?? Both The Immigrant Song and Somewhere Over The Rainbow go Root, Octave, Major 7.
Octave - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
See a list of all the song references for all intervals at ET-002 • Song References For Interval Training
Playing the Intervals On The Guitar
You can download a chart with them all on at ET-004 • Intervals On The Guitar
As I mention in the video's there are a few ways to test yourself.
1. Use the Justinguitar Interval Ear Trainer!
2. Write a list of intervals and record yourself playing them. Wait a week or a few days (so you forget the order) and then play the recording to yourself and see how you go!
3. Use a Jam Buddy. Play and interval and ask your mate to name it. Tell him if he is right or not. Then he plays one and you have to name it. Easy and fun! And you can compete a bit which often pushes you to be better!
the answers are just down a bit further- you're not cheating now are you????
Ear Training Answers - Test 3A
1. 7 6. 6 2. 6 7. 8 3. 7 8. 7 4. 8 9. 7 5. 6 10. 6
Ear Training Answers - Test 3B
1. 6 6. 3 2. 3 7. 6 3. 2 8. 2 4. 5 9. 4 5. 7 10. 6