Ear Training - Stage 2
Now you know your 4th's and 5th's, it's time to learn 2nd's and 3rd's :)
Now we add just two more intervals, both pretty easy - remember it's practice and playing them over and over will get them into your ears!
The test answers are located at the bottom on the page - just keep scrolling down!
Intervals Covered In This Lesson:
Major 2nd - Happy Birthday or Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer
Major 3rd - Oh When The Saints Go Marching In
See a list of all the song references for all intervals at ET-002 • Song References For Interval Training
Playing the Intervals On The Guitar
You can download a chart with them all on at ET-004 • Intervals On The Guitar
As I mention in the video's there are a few ways to test yourself.
1. Use the Justinguitar Interval Ear Trainer!
2. Write a list of intervals and record yourself playing them. Wait a week or a few days (so you forget the order) and then play the recording to yourself and see how you go!
3. Use a Jam Buddy. Play and interval and ask your mate to name it. Tell him if he is right or not. Then he plays one and you have to name it. Easy and fun! And you can compete a bit which often pushes you to be better!
the answers are just down a bit further- you're not cheating now are you????
Ear Training Answers - Test 2A
1. 2 6. 3 2. 3 7. 3 3. 2 8. 2 4. 3 9. 2 5. 2 10. 3
Ear Training Answers - Test 2B
1. 3 6. 2 2. 5 7. 2 3. 2 8. 5 4. 4 9. 4 5. 5 10. 3